Commercial Kitchens and Food Area Flooring
4:00 PM AEDT
1 Formal CPD Hour
Presented by John West
A busy commericial kitchen is one of the most demanding work environments.
Many people in relatively small hot areas working with and around oily spillages, sharp equipment, flames, hot surfaces, boiling liquids and moving heavy items – all while under time pressures.
This environment needs a floors that will perform in providing long term safety, hygiene and durability.
Understand the features and benefits of different floor types to provide the best Durability, Slip Resistance, Performance and Value.
Review the Australian Standard AS 4674:2004 Design, Construction and Fit-Out of Food Premises.
At the end of this presentation attendees will:
- Explain the different features and characteristics of various floor types in commercial kitchen and food areas
- Understand the requirements for commercial kitchen floors and walls under the AS4586
- Understand the capabilities and benefits of tiles as a floor finish for commercial kitchen food areas
- Be aware of the installation requirements of tiles in these environments including epoxy grouting, waterproofing, movement joints etc
- Evaluate the commercial differences for the different floor types including installation costs, life cycle, maintenance, resistance to heat, chemicals etc